Thursday, March 5, 2015

#ndedchat Great Resource for Teachers


I really enjoyed participating in the #ndedchat discussion last night. The topic was on dealing with grief stemming from the disaster that happened in Ray last week. I really enjoyed that the question were planned before the chat, and this gave me time to write up my answers. One unfortunate restriction of having these types of chats on twitter is the character limit. Last night I spent most of my night trying to limit my characters to under 140 which after some practice did become easier. Ultimately I really enjoyed the discussions we were having about having to deal with grief in schools, as it an unfortunate inevitable of working in a school for long enough. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people affected in the Ray tragedy. I coached in Ray while in college, and that community was one of the most supporting and close-nit that I've ever experienced. Hopefully someone from the community stumbles across the discussion from last night, as it could be very beneficial for the healing of their community, and others experience devastation. #PrayForRay.

No comments:

Post a Comment